Jamie says: Good morning, readers! Start your day off right with breakfast.
Scrambled Egg and Gouda English Muffin
1/2 Thomas’ 100% whole wheat English muffin
- one 4-grain large omega-3 egg
- 1 slice Boar’s Head imported gouda
- dash salt
- dash black pepper
- Toast English muffin half in a toaster.
- Heat a saute pan on the stove top on medium heat. Crack an egg into a bowl and beat with a fork. Spray a frying pan with PAM cooking spray. Pour egg into pan and stir frequently until egg is scrambled and cooked. (Use a new fork when at the end when the egg is cooked, so you are not getting raw egg on your cooked egg).
- Place cheese on hot English muffin. Add egg on top of cheese. Add salt and pepper. Serves: 1. Enjoy!
Tasty! The Gouda cheese was a special treat, too.
- Nutrition note: The more I read, the more I believe that you should not toss the egg yolk when making eggs. Only the egg yolks (not the whites) contain choline. Choline is especially important for pregnant women, since women with lower intakes of this nutrient during pregnancy were found to have increased risk of having a child with neural tube defects.