Tofu and Broccoli Penne in Tomato Sauce
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- one half of a 13.25 oz box Barilla whole grain penne pasta
- 14 oz package Organic NASOYA tofuplus
- 1 tsp fresh basil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 packets Truvia
- two 8 0z cans Contadina tomato sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Wash broccoli and cut into bite-sized pieces (dispose of stems). Mince garlic. Cook broccoli and garlic in a baking dish with 2 Tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper for about 30 minutes.
- Boil water in a large pot. Add penne, cook for 10 minutes, and drain.
- Drain tofu and cut into cubes. Add tofu, 1 Tbsp olive oil, basil, oregano, and parsley to saute pan and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, add tomato sauce and two packets of Truvia, and keep tofu/sauce mixture warm until ready to serve.
- Pour penne in serving bowls. Top with tofu/sauce and broccoli. Serves: about 3. Enjoy!
Kathryn even liked it (and she doesn’t like tofu)!
- Nutrition note: one 3 oz serving of Organic NASOYA tofuplus has 20% of the Daily Value for calcium and for vitamin D. Eat up for some strong bones!