Kathryn says: J and I were craving salmon sandwiches. We came up with a new combination that ended up being one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had. I loved the taste of the fresh hot fish, cool, creamy sour cream, and salty, oily green veggies on a tender sweet potato bun. Give it a try for something delectably different. If you’re not familiar with leeks, when you bake them with olive oil they taste similar to cooked onions, but with a less slimey texture.
Salmon, Broccoli and Leek Sandwich July 24, 2010
Ingredients (for 2 sandwiches):
-1/2 pound Fresh Alaskan wild salmon
-1/2 head of broccoli
-1/2 large bundle of leeks
-2 tbs. sour cream
-3 tbs. olive oil
-2 slices tomato (K’s addition)
-2 tbs. ketchup (K’s addition)
1. Wash and cut the broccoli and leeks.
2. Toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper in a Pyrex pan.
3. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until soft.
4. Bake salmon at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
5. Assemble sandwich, piling on the salmon and veggies and topping with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition note: Salmon is one of the richest food sources of Vitamin D.