Jamie says: Kathryn and I enjoyed a leisurely lunch together the other day. We both made our own lunches with a couple of different things. We couldn’t stop raving over how delicious our own lunches were (or maybe we were just a little extra hungry). This salad was one part of my tasty lunch.
Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella
- 1 cup Publix Spring Mix
- 1 vine-ripe tomato (very ripe, room temperature)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 oz Publix Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Alma’s Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- Pour pre-washed salad on a plate.
- Wash tomato and basil. Slice tomato and then cut slices in half. Place on top of salad. Top tomatoes with salt, pepper, then basil, followed by cheese.
- Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on top of salad. Enjoy!
Nutrition note: Tomatoes are high in vitamin C and vitamin A (beta carotene). One medium tomato provides 20% of your vit A and 40% of your vit C.