Jamie says: I often enjoy baby carrots for a snack, but for some reason, whole raw carrots are not appealing to me. Once you cook them, though, I think they’re quite tasty (and they’re a little more sophisticated than the baby carrots are, too).
Crispy Carrots Ingredients:
- 2 Publix Greenwise Market Organic Whole California Carrots
- 1 Tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Wash carrots and cut into thin strips (using a vegetable peeler down the length of the carrot).
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add carrots, salt, and pepper. Cook until lightly brown, stirring frequently. Enjoy! (serves 1-2)
I enjoyed these carrots on a pork burger and as a side dish. They are also a delicious pizza topping.
- Nutrition note: Carrots have lots of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). Vitamin A is an antioxidant.