Jamie says: When I was making this Malted Milk “Shake” for a post-workout snack, I had a flashback to San Francisco. It was 10 pm on a Saturday night, I was craving a milk shake, and Kathryn was up for an adventure. We went off into the city and found a diner. We had lots of laughs and my craving was satisfied. Here’s my healthy (but equally tasty) version.
Malted Milk “Shake”
- 1 banana
- ~ 3 Tbsp Ovaltine Classic Malt Mix
- 2 small ice cubes
- ~ 3/4 cup skim milk
- maraschino cherry (optional)
- Slice banana, put on a baking sheet, and freeze.
- Blend frozen banana, Ovaltine, ice, and milk in a blender.
- Pour in a cup, and top with a cherry (if desired).
- Enjoy! (serves 1)
Miraculously, the Malted Milk “Shake” has the same consistency as an ice-cream shake. It tastes so good, too. I can’t believe there’s no ice cream in it, and it’s fat-free!
- Nutrition note: Ovaltine contains lots of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin D. Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium (among many other important roles).