Jamie says: Today K and I got fitted for bridesmaid dresses for my cousin (and Godmother) Ashley’s wedding! We had fun sharing our blog with the store employees at the bridal store. Afterwards, we enjoyed my Black Bean and Corn Chip Soup for lunch and listened to the rain…ahhh, sweet summer days.
Black Bean and Corn Chip Soup
- 1/4 Vidalia sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 7 stalks celery
- 1 carton (32 oz) Kitchen Basics Chicken Stock
- 1 can Bush’s Black Beans
- 1 can Bush’s Black Beans Reduced Sodium
- 2 cobs of fresh corn
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Publix Mild Salsa (to taste)
- Sorrento Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (to taste)
- Tostitos Scoops (to taste)
- cilantro (for garnish)
- Chop onions. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil (reserving the other Tbsp) in a medium pan over medium heat and saute’ onions until golden brown. Set aside.
- Chop celery. Add celery, chicken stock, and beans (undrained) to a large pot. Cook over medium-high heat until celery is soft, and then reduce heat to low. Blend using a stick blender (or food processor).
- Meanwhile, use a knife to remove the corn kernels from the cob. In the same pan used for the onions, heat the other Tbsp of oil over medium heat and add the corn kernels and pepper. Cook until lightly browned.
- Top soup with cooked corn, cooked onions, salsa, cheese, and chips. Enjoy!
I enjoyed using the Scoops as a spoon. K liked mixing all the toppings together. However you eat it, it’s good.
- Nutrition note: Corn tortilla chips contain whole grains. Aim to make half of your grains whole grains.