Jamie says: Pink is perfect for February- And so is this pink dipping sauce that pairs oh-so-nicely with these heart-healthy rosemary garlic fries. February is American Heart Month, and then there’s Valentine’s Day, of course. So do something good for your heart- like substituting trans fat laden fries for homemade fries baked with extra virgin olive oil.
Who would ever guess that this pink dipping sauce is actually good for you?!
Everything is prettier in pink.
Tender, crispy designer fries that look like a flower when you put the dressing in the middle.
Garlic Rosemary Fries with Pink Dipping Sauce
- 1 large potato
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- dash sea salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz container non fat (0%) plain Greek yogurt (Chobani)
- 1 Tbsp ketchup, 100% natural (Hunts)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice potato into 1/2″ thick circles. Slice circles into strips. Place potato strips on a baking sheet or in a baking dish. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Mince garlic and add to potatoes along with rosemary, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper. Mix well and spread flat on sheet/dish. Bake for about 40 minutes or until potatoes are soft and slightly crispy.
- In a small bowl, stir ketchup into Greek yogurt to make a pink dipping sauce. Refrigerate sauce until fries are done.
- Serve fries hot with cold dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- Nutrition note: These fries are healthier than your average ones because they are baked with extra virgin olive oil instead of deep fried in an oil with trans fats. Additionally, rosemary adds some antioxidants, and the pink dip actually contains protein, vitamin D, calcium, and lycopene.